DWV remodel for new bathrool

Users who are viewing this thread

Rocknice21

Reaction score
DWV remodel for new bathroom

Terry and crew,
I am a DIYer trying to route my DWV piping for a new bathroom i am building. The room used to be a bedroom and is on the 2nd story above an unfinished basement. The joists run from top left to bottom right (2X10s). I live in WV which does not require me to meet any specific codes, but how would you all do this?? The drains pretty much must run as I have them drawn. My issue is how do I vent these two fixtures (w.c. and tub)?? There are the only two alternatives for traditional venting I have been able to come up with. Plan #1 (top picture)has horizontal runs of vents (which is bad if it's below 6" above the fixture flood level right?) but plan 2 requires me to drill a 3 1/2" hole in one of my joists as well as running two vertical vents up an already existing wall (w/ drywall already). Should I use an AAV for one or both of these instead?

Thanks!

-Ryan

Attachments

• plan1.jpg
    plan1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 288
  • plan2.jpg
    plan2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
piping

I am not enamored of either plan, but would have to be there and see the physical location for a possible better one. But if that little angle line between the toilet pipe and the tub vent line is a "vent", it ABSOLUTELY cannot be installed like that, or any way close to that configuration.

Rocknice21

Reaction score
I would invite you over, but for the gas prices...

Thanks for taking a look. Are there any details I can clear up to help explain what is there?

Sounds like drawing #1 is OUT. So let's look at #2. Would an AAV work for the toilet drain leg if I attached it with a normal tee just above the horizontal drain run? Can I tie in a tub downstream of where the toilet ties in to the main 3" horizontal run??

Thanks for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks