Broan Bath Vent Model 655

Users who are viewing this thread

komputerwz

Reaction score
I need help with wiring up a Boran Bath Vent Model 655. I have 5 wires to connect to only 4 colors in the installation guide. I have blue, yellow, black, red and white coming out of the wall but there isn't a yellow wire to connect to anything. The installation guide is of no use at this point. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:confused:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Are you in the US? Your colors are not common. If in the US, the white must be neutral, and your instruction should call for connecting that to the white wire in the fixture. All of the other colors have to be hot....but where they come from, you have to trace that out. If the fan has a separate light and fan, you would need two hot leads coming from your switch. If in addition, your Broan has a night light, that might need another always-hot lead. What functions are described in your installation instructions? And what device was in this location previously? By any chance was it a ceiling fan??

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
As frenchie's diagram shows, your unit appears to have heat, light, fan...so it needs three hot wires, a neutral, and a ground.

If you are in the US, the white lead coming up is your neutral. A ground would usually be a bare copper, but it could be green, or possibly green with a yellow stripe. Any other colors...blue, yellow, brown, red...etc must be hot wires. You will have to find out from your switches what they are. Can you describe the switch or switches which feed that fan unit.?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks