Sprinkler pump

Users who are viewing this thread

dougle

Reaction score
I have a shallow well for irrigation (water at 18.5'). Would a 1 hp wayne Sprinkler pump work for me or am i better off with a shallow well jet pump. I've read about issues with the sprinkler pump not being able to draw enough. thanks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm not a pump expert by any means, but I believe you must determine how many gpm of water you need to operate the sprinklers then get a pump that will supply that much, probably with a little extra just to be sure. Sprinkler head wear and get a larger diameter thereby putting out more gpm than originally rated, you may add to the zones, and it's nice to have a reserve so you're not always maxed out. Something like have a little more HP in you car than you really need. Some of the pump experts might have some additional thoughts.

dougle

Reaction score
Thanks Gary, my needs are max 7 GPM. most zones are 5-6 GPM. I'm more concerned about the "sprinkler" pump vs a shallow well jet pump. Ideally i need a 3/4hp pump but 1hp would do and i have access to one for a decent price. If anyone knows of a 3/4hp shallow well jet pump used or whatever for a good price PM me. thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks