Flush Mate

Users who are viewing this thread

jleeo

Reaction score
We have a Gerber Flush Mate at our home in Utah and love it. I am thinking of putting one in our Florida condo but have a nagging concern. The toilet is next to the shower and I have had a clog in the past that when I plunged, the water actually came back up in the shower drain. I am figuring there is a shallow drain pipe from the shower that connects right under the toilet and if the obstruction is below the join, then I plunged right back up into the shower stall. This is not a frequent occurance, maybe I just had one heck of a jam.

Anyway, I want to replace the toilet. It is a real piece of junk and not a reliable flusher at all. I'm worried though, that if I put a Flushmate in and were to power flush against an obstruction, that I might have a gushing fountain blow out from the shower. Is this irrational? Maybe with the Flushmate, I'll never get such a jam to begin with.

Thanks for your input. By far, the Gerber Flushmate is the finest machine I have ever owned. I tell the neighbors it could take a loaf of bread down. It is quite an unusual conversation piece.

Scott

Flushmate
Reaction score
Website
www.flushmate.com
Flushmates are pretty consistent so if you haven't had any clogging issues with your Gerber Ultra-Flush in Utah then it stands to reason that you won't have any issues in the Florida condo, regardless of what the current gravity toilet does.

The pressure-assist flush actually pushes the waste from the bowl and propels it down the drainline at a flow rate in excess of 70 GPM. You pretty much have to try to clog a Flushmate-equipped toilet so I don't think you have too much to be concerned about.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks