Reset Pumprtol pressure switch to factory preset levels

Users who are viewing this thread

grider

Reaction score
I've fiddled with a new Square D Pumptrol pressure switch which was factory set at 40-60psi and would now like to get it back to the "home" factory pre-set condition without having to use trial and error with my pressure system. Any idea where the 2 screws shoud be set to return to the original 40-60 level?

Thanks for your help

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Turn off the power!!! Loosen all the way on the small adjustment, until the spring has no tension on it. This will give you about 15 to 17 PSI between on and off which is close enough. Then tighten way down on the tall adjustment screw, just don't collapse the spring completely. Turn on the power. If the pump has not come on, then open a faucet until it starts. Then close the faucet and wait until the pressure gets up to 60. At 60 PSI turn off the power. Then loosen counter clockwise on the tall adjustment screw until the points open up. Your done!

If you want a wider pressure range than this, you will have to tighten down on the small adjustment a bit, and do the old trial and error method until you are happy.

grider

Reaction score
Re: Pressure switch re-set

Thanks for the advice, pumpman. I'll give it a try in the next day or two.

grider

Reaction score
I meant to say "valveman" in the prior reply!

I meant to say "valveman" in the prior reply!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks