Merlin 1 on demand reverse osmosis

Users who are viewing this thread

Tim13

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone have any experiences with this brand of r.o.? I want to use one for our new home construction, that has well water, along with a water softener. I don't like the idea of the smallish holding tanks of other brands, and the relatively small daily ouput of those types of units. The tankless on demand type of system like the Merlin is attractive to me also because you don't have to have that ugly second faucet on your sink(s).

Any experiences, good or bad, would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Clayton

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
R.o.

I have not installed a Merlin RO unit, but I have looked at the unit and read some of the literature about it. First off It uses proprietary filters, I prefer to install units that use standard sized filters that can be bought anywhere. You do not have to worry about a product and its consumables being discontinued if you use a standardized unit. And it did mention in the literature that if you plan to use over 10gl per day that additional filters would be required, which requires more space... Other than that it looks like a good unit.

QUOTE:
"the Merlin is attractive to me also because you don't have to have that ugly second faucet on your sink(s)"

If you are not using the supplied faucet, how do you plan to install it?
The unit only provides .5 to .75 gpm of water flow, if you connect it to your standard kitchen faucet you will be very dissapointed with flow and pressure for "everyday" uses.
Do not forget the unit still drains water and requires an airgap that is provided in the supplied faucet. If you do not use the supplied faucet be sure to connect the drain with the proper air gap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks