Refinishing?

Users who are viewing this thread

socal

Reaction score
Thinking about refinishing my tub. Not sure how to tell whether the tub I have is fiberglass or acrylic, but it is not metal. Are there any good products for a diy to use? I have an HVLP sprayer available to me if needed. It is in pretty good shape, no cracks. Does the coating hold up or should I just replace it? It is rarely used and this work is for resale. Does it look hokey or is it hard to tell if it has been redone?

thanks

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
shooting yourself in the foot.

you are going to regret messing with this tub...

even professional jobs dont look that good to me and are not tooo durable..

they never last very long, and if they are used it doesent look good after only a short time .

if it is some sort of fibergalss, call a local supply house and ask who in the area does reapirs to fibergalss tubs, and pick their braines first...

their are guys that can make a fibeerglass tub look as good as the day it was installed..... I dont know about how much it will cost you.

I would not attempt this myself, or you will eventually have to change the unit out jsut to make it look civilized enough to sell some day....

some types of jell coating are not made to be used in tubs so beware
of what you are going to spray into the unit, it might not clean up well or in time it might discolor or fade so badly it will look like you have been slopping hogs in the bathtub...

get some free estimates first before you leap

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks