Wedi

Users who are viewing this thread

theslosk

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has used the wedi system for tiling and exactly how waterproof is the drain system?

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I have used Wedi board on several projects in bathrooms and kitchens, it has worked out fine but not cheap. Have no experience with their drain system.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If I remember, they use a urethane sealant. It should be as stable as a pvc liner to clamping drain if installed properly.

theslosk

Reaction score
The top flange in the wedi system is affixed to the pan system with a wedi sealant, that's true. But the bottom (where the drain from the pan goes into the actual the 2" abs is only a modified compression fitting. A special tool is provided. this is what concerns me. Is it watertight?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Nohub connectors are and have been viable watertight connections, this one should be as well. Verify it has the proper national code certifications, and if so, properly installed, should be fine. An alternative is to use the Kerdi system. They each have their good points - primarily in that it is a surface waterproofing system so that none of the body of the shower (pan, cbu, etc.) ever gets wet so the thing dries out quicker.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks