(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone had any luck with the AquaGlass Eleganza?

Default Poor Quality Tub

I am going through the same problem with this tub set right now. After two months i have a large crack in the tub. Company sent me new set but after a little researching this set i have decided i am not reinstalling this set because there are tons of reviews on this tub that this tub is cracking. I also talked to the manager where i bought the set and he told me they are having a terrible time with this set. They have had so many returns on this tub set that they are starting to tell people they do not recommend this set. I have lost so much money and time on this tub i am now reinstalling it because i know it is going to happen again. I feel sorry for you because i'm in the same situation and it cost a lot of money to redo a bathroom, pay plumbers, and losing work to deal with the situation.

I know you wrote this months ago..but spongebob93, I hear ya! Here's our story:
    Is anyone familiar with the MirolinTucson tub? Reason I'm asking is almost 2 yrs my husband installed the Eleganza tub surround purchased at Lowes. This spring we noticed it was cracking; reason being the "foundation" so to speak that was supporting it was made of a styrofoam that wasn't strong enough to withstand the tub. After much conversation with Mirolin, they sent us a replacement tub & surround with the new & supposedly improved base. We had put mosaic tile from the surround to our ceiling & along the sides to the floor running along the skirt as well. Those costs to pull out & redo once the replacement tub was installed all had to be eaten by us. Mirolin didn't even want to pick up the defective tub for disposal but I did manage to finally get them to do that. Now, 5 1/2 mths later, the replacement tub is showing 3 lines running from the top/ drain area and down. So far, it doesn't feel like a crack but something is definitely happening. We contacted Mirolin again this week. They told us to go to their website to look for a replacement. Interestingly enough- not only do they not have the Eleganza unit on their site any longer but the person we spoke to said that this was NOT an acrylic tub but some high density plastic or something. He also asked if we had used mortar which we had not as we followed their install instructions to the letter and it doesn't say to do so. All of the packaging etc says this tub/surround was acrylic yet here's their employee saying not so. After we looked on their website, we thought we should double check on exactly which we could get. They sent us a link for a Tuscon, which appears to be a lower grade tub not to mention it's not showing a surround. We're not familiar with this nor are we sure that we really want this particular tub. Anyone have some thoughts or feedback on this!??

I purchased the Eleganza in April 2011, had it installed properly, and it is already cracked. Their customer service is terrible. Just like everyone else has said, they are willing to replace the unit but will not pay for labor. My stance from speaking to numerous plumbers is that this product is so poor quality that it needs to be installed over mortar or it WILL crack. The installation manual does not even suggest a mortar base. A quick google search of this product reveals that many, many customers have complained of this tub cracking after proper installation. Aquaglass continues to sell the product, knowing that if one installs the unit correctly it will crack within a short period of time. They are getting away with excluding labor in their warranty. They should not be able to get away with this any longer. I am going to file a lawsuit against the company and fight the validity of the labor exclusion in the warranty. I would love to hear of anyone who has filed suit against Aquaglass and/or anyone who has had luck in getting them to pay for labor.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

In the industry, it is very common to not cover the labor...good luck trying to address them on that aspect! Now, if you could prove it WILL fail when installed as they indicate, then you'd have a case (note, I'm not a lawyer!).
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jadnashua View Post
    In the industry, it is very common to not cover the labor...good luck trying to address them on that aspect! Now, if you could prove it WILL fail when installed as they indicate, then you'd have a case (note, I'm not a lawyer!).
    I understand this thread is stale but I need to chime in here since I just spent $3,000 to rip out an Eleganza 48" shower and replace the entire shower assembly. Was installed for only 7 years so I am not a happy camper. Aqua Glass plumbing fixtures are junk. Yes, installation must be meticulously followed and every precaution taken (mortar bed included). However even following all that to the letter still exposes the product as a sham, a cheap piece of garbage. I replaced this with a top of the line Kohler (Sterling) fiberglass unit that came out beautifully; much better than the original Eleganza. Solid and sturdy. But I am still pissed over the 3 grand.