Bringing Stand-Up Shower through Tight Spaces

Users who are viewing this thread

Crazy Carl

Reaction score
I bought a used stand-up shower for my place with the hopes of putting it in the basement. I realized that it was going to be tight to bring it into my basement, but luckily was a three peice so I thought I'd be good to go. Amongst bringing it down the stairs, I realized that it was to large to fit.

So that brings me to thinking that I could grap a circular saw and cut it in half and then patch it up when I put it together. Or I could either put a strap on it and pinch it together which might damage the material but not as much as cutting it, as it is like a C shape box with the ends out.

Thanks for your help,
Carl

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
shower

Don't even think about cutting it and then putting it back together and not have it leak. It sounds like this is just the wall section, so if closing it into a triangle will get it down the stairs it should not damage the unit if you do not over do it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks