Water Softener Regulations in Las Vegas

Users who are viewing this thread

rkkerezsi

Reaction score
We recently purchased a water softener that goes in the closet outside of our Las Vegas condo. The installation contractor said that there is no drain, nor electrical outlet to accompany the existing loop. Is there a builders code that requires these items along with the loop? If so, where is this documented? The builder is giving me push back during 30-day walk through.
Rod

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Regulations.... I don't think there are any 'loop' regs.

Usually the contractor tells the plumber and electrician what to do where, so obviously he told them no drain or electric but bring the water line out and back into the wall. Or he or the trades forgot to do it, and you're stuck fighting for it but.. if you bought with the stipulation of a softener loop being included, you are owed the drain line and electrical receptacle because 99.9% of all softeners require electric and 100% require a drain unless you rent a monthly exchange type softener.

If he tells you that you can use a "salt free softener", you tell him the ydo not remove hardness, therefore they are not a softener and you want a complete "water softener loop".

On a side note, I was notified this morning that in AZ a residential developer is banning softeners from the three new developments he is building with a total of 6000 houses. The area in AZ has 20+ gpg hardness and I pity the poor souls that buy a house and then find out they can't have a softener. There may be riots when people find out.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I know of no requirement to even put in the loop. It is something the builders do so they can point and say "see...ready for softener." The loophole as you found out is the drain and power.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks