Need new shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Highway Hilton

Reaction score
A elderly friend of mine has a simple basement shower that has concrete block walls. The existing shower valve is fed from the top and surface mounted to the concrete block wall. I can't seem to locate a replacement on my own can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Its unclear to me as to what you are looking for.

are you looking for a surface mounted shower faucet?
If so, what style are you looking for?

I know kohler makes one, but the feeds (hot/cold) would have to be in the wall. I installed one last year (big pain in the butt)

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
is thei a mud rooom type shower..how nice...???..

If this is mounted on the block wall,
in some sort of mud room concrete floor shower

you can just about install anything you
want to on the blocks...

just dont install the chrome trim... jsut the handle

the Delta 1700 can be mounted to the blocks
and it will work great

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

IT is probably the 3 3/4" c/c shower valve usually used in metal prefab stalls. The new valves have the inlets on the sides and you can feed them from any direction you desire.

Highway Hilton

Reaction score
found materials

Turns out my friend Henry, located a surface mount valve that came with the shower head riser and swower head to boot. A old local hardware store now run by the second generation had it in stock. It was chrome plated brass, fed from the top just like the original, all piping was exposed again like the original and had half unions at the valve body for quick hook-up (an added plus). It was an import but still nicely made. If it lasts as long as the original (23 years) then he's a happy camper and so am I. Total cost was $54.22 in materials.

Thanks for the input guys.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks