Pressure dropping on gauge

Users who are viewing this thread

lexolee

Reaction score
Hi , Im new to this form and i have a problem with my pressure tank i think. the brand name is rapidayton and i usually have about 40psi or more on the gage when no water is running. today the gage reads about 10 psi. How do i check the bladder and air pressure and determine if i need a replacement tank.
help please.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Rapidayton is a pump not a tank. They are not made anymore, so that tells me how old this pump is.

Before doing anything hasty, you might want to replace the gauge. They are usually not very high quality and do go bad quite often.

If you still have water and the pressure seems ok, it's probably just the gauge.

bob...

lexolee

Reaction score
today i checked to see if my water level was low by running a hose. it had a steady stream for 10 mins. or so but no pressure, the same in the house.this rapidayton tank i have had for at least 20yrs. and i put air in at the vavle and the pressue rose ,then i turned the water on and water came out good until pressure dropped onthe gage

Speedbump

Reaction score
This is not a bladder tank. Putting air in the tank would increase pressure.

Are you saying that the pump never turns off because it can't make pressure enough to do so? In other words, does it just stay on 10 lbs and keep running?

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks