Replacing Acrylic Bar in Fiberglass Shower Enclosure

Users who are viewing this thread

BethyM

Reaction score
We are selling our home and one of the items noted by the inspector was that the acrylic bar in the master tub/shower enclosure is broken. We knew this, but have been stumped as to how to repair it. I guess now we have to figure it out!!

It's one of those all in one tub/shower fiberglass enclosures and the bar is on the long wall. There are two "holes" that the bar fits into. Everywhere else I ever lived that bar was metal -- apparently an upgrade (gee, I wonder why!)

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to repair/fix this?

Thanks!!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Somebody makes replacement bars...they've got a spring loaded pin on the ends so you can compress the pin in to make it short enough to snap in place....maybe somebody remembers who sells them.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
I have the same kind of stall with the bar in the wall, and that bar is 'glassed in place from the back side. You might end up at an RV store, but if you shop around a bit you can probably find a replacement bar with sockets on the end (like a short closet or shower-curtain rod) that will cover the original holes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks