Low Pressure in Kitchen

Users who are viewing this thread

Maya

Reaction score
I'm in a rental and everything (except the kitchen sink?) has broken down. I don't want to call my landlords if I don't have to, since the contractor who's supposed to be doing other things to the house hasn't shown up for a while and I don't want to deal with it. Anyway, All of a sudden, in the past couple of weeks, the water pressure in the kitchen faucet has gone down considerably. Nothing new has happened. The washing machine (downstairs) gurgles into the kitchen sink (upstairs) when it's running. But I guess the water gurgling up into the drain would be a different pipe than the water coming out the faucet. Anyway, any suggestions? The water pressure everywhere else in the house seems fine.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Remove the kitchen faucet aerator and clean it. There is a screen in the aerator that gets gunked up and can cause the symptoms you describe.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Other than cleaning aerators and other ultra simple tasks, plumbing and electrical issues should be left to the property owner to deal with. Most landlords don't want tenants messing with things, and if you do and something breaks or otherwise goes bad and causes expensive damages, you would be in trouble. This is especially true if you are not at all familiar with what you are dealing with.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks