Champion Toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

fozzy12

Reaction score
I know there are pages devoted to this wonderful toilet already in this forum. I fell for the bait and bought two of them a couple of years ago not realizing all the comments in this forum. However, lately I've been running into problems with them, the flush valve sticking in the up position causing them to run, and other times the flush valve either misfires, where the dogs internal to the valve don't pull the tower off it's seat, of there is low water fill in the toilet, possibly because the small fill tube doesn't stay seated in its location on top of the flush tower. I need to replace another toilet and was going to go with the Champion because I believed in the flush tower technology. However, after reading the forum comments and experiencing some issues that you should have to deal with, I'm wondering if the Drake series toilets by Toto would be a better option. I'd like to stay around the same price as the Champion if possible ( I realize that Toto may not be sold by Lowes or HD).

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Eric

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
From a quality and consistency viewpoint, Toto seems to win hands down. They are also very well engineered. There is a retrofit on the Champion that changes it over to a conventional flapper (if I remember - do a search here). If you get a good one that sits level, doesn't have an internal leak, it might be a good value, but you typically don't have to worry about that when you specify a Toto. I've put in two Drakes at my mother's house, and have a Vespin and Carlyle in my house (I preferred their style). All have been working well.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You can play with that

Til the cows come home,
and in the end...
You will still have a

Chumpian!
Now on its forth and definitely not the last redesign!

I'd cut your losses and get the Toto!
I've been installing them as the only Toilet I will supply to a customer for 5 years now and have had "0" Defects & "0" Callbacks on them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks