Woodford 17 Anti-Siphon Hose Bibb

Users who are viewing this thread

Mwaldon

Reaction score
I just purchased the Woodford 17 hose bibb repair kit, along with a new valve stem assembly. Here's the problem...the end of the old valve stem assemby (including the check valve, valve seat rubber, and retainer screw) fell off the end of the valve stem and is stuck somewhere in the copper pipe. The pipe makes a 90-degree turn just beyond the inside face of the wall, and then another 90-degree turn about 6 inches down, & the water shut-off is +/- 24" in from the wall. Is there any way to fish the pieces out of the soldered copper pipe without cutting/disassembling it? I tried turning the water back on to blow the pieces out & nothing happened/no water came out. Help!

Woodford 17 Flow Diagram

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks