winter camp question...again

Users who are viewing this thread

tajco200

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was on here back in february and posted a question about how to deal with my ski-camp in the cold Maine winters. I'm going to start building very soon so now it's time to get down to the details. I got a lot of really good advice from you all and there were some very good ideas. I decided I want to install a drain valve just outside my camp that is below frost line to drain the main supply line running to the camp. The line from the well won't be a problem because it'll be below frostline. The problem is how do I access a stop/waste valve that is below frost line (up here about 5-6 feet). Someone suggested to use a curb stop configuration with the key to reach down and operate the minniapolis pattern stop/waste valve. I started to look on A Y McDonald but got overwhelmed very quickly. Can anyone give me more specific info on what I need. Low-cost and simple is what I'm going for.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can install a Curb Stop and Waste valve that will be operated from above the ground. http://www.gjpipe.com/curb_stops.htm#CURB STOP & WASTE

There is a risk of contamination from water entering the waste hole. The valve is uinstalled with the waste hole on the house side of the pipe.

The valve will be operated with a curb key, or you could attach a rod permanently.

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
We used a curb stop configuration with the key to reach down and operate the stop/waste valve on all camp wells in PA. It worked great. Just be sure to seal around the key shaft going through the Well Cap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks