Mineral Deposits

Users who are viewing this thread

Devans175

Reaction score
I have a minor leak in one of the joints of a CPVC fitting. The leak is about 6 feet after the pipe leaves my hot water boiler. It appears to have been leaking for a long time. There is a large mineral deposit running down the length of the pipe. The pipe (tubing) close to the boiler is copper. The mineral deposit tastes like table salt (I figured if it's already in my water supply so tasting it couldn't do much more dammage) I had my water tested and everything is fine, with the exception of the acidity. The soda ash is metered to a point where my PH is consistently between 7.0 and 7.5

The questions are: Is the salt being caused by the soda ash I mix into the water supply (It's a well)? Should I put something on the copper pipe after I fix the leak and clean off the deposits to neutralize the salt and prevent corosion?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks