dirt in my well water

Users who are viewing this thread

billbenbow

Reaction score
i am in the process of purchasing an home with a well. the house was built in 1971 and i believe the well is the original. the house has set vacant for over a year. i turned the water on today and the water came on brown. never really cleared up completly even after 30 minutes. i connected a hose to the spikot at the pressure tank. the water would start to clear until the pressure at the tank dropped until it kick the pump on and the water would go back to brown with major dirt deposits until the pressure started to drop and it would go from brown to very cloudy. we have also had a lot of rain lately. is this normal?? will it go away??
bill

Speedbump

Reaction score
What you are seeing is probably mineral deposits not dirt. Have the water tested and have a Licensed Water Well Contractor come out and inspect the system and give you an idea of what you have and what you can expect in the way of repairs and/or how long before you may need to make repairs.

bob...

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
It sounds like you have a lot of iron build up in your holding tank as well. I come across this often especially with old tanks. I would keep cycling the system from the holding tank until it clears up. Don't take the analysis until it clears. You dont want to sample anything that has accumulated in the holding tank but the actual mineral deposits from the water bearing formation in the ground.

Sammy

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks