toilet color to match existing black jacuzzi tub...

Users who are viewing this thread

rosswell

Reaction score
I hate it but it works, the black tub that is, and is in fine condition.

But the broken black (yuck!) toilet needs replacing.

Buy another black one to match the tub? or get the one I
would want in the future (white) -- but then a black tub and white
toilet ?? Or get a cheap black one just to last until the remodel
I want to do in a couple of years.

Is there a color of Toto toilet color that would go OK with a black tub?
Here are the colors that the Drake comes in:

http://www.toiletseatsource.com/cart/iso.cfm?detail=more_swatches&sku=AFN065&att_id=15

There is a lot of stained wood in that room and no tile, by the
way. Dark green carpet, medium stained beadboard walls.
I could post a photo.

Thanks for any ideas or advice

Rosswell

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I would go cheap white, and get someone to spray the tub white.

I would not go to all the expense of a Toto® just now. Say your remodeling plans make your choice of $$$ Toto® a problem in the future? Say the style you choose now does not go with your choice of style for the rest of the bathroom in a few years to come? That would be a mistake.

Say you don't actually get round to remodeling the bathroom and you have a $500+ lump of porcelain sitting there? That would be a waste.

Buy one when the time comes. In the meantime get a ©adet 3 to see you through.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Black is a very hard glaze since any inconsistency allows the white porcelain to show through, so the price premium is pretty dear, regardless of the toilet or brand.

You might get a white toilet and put a black seat on it?

I would NOT consider painting the tub.

Alleycat

Reaction score
I would not spend money on a toilet you don't like to match a jacuzzi you don't like, unless you plan to entertain very fashion-conscious guests in there and you're worried they will talk ;)

Seriously, I would get a white toilet. What color is the sink? You could also do a whole black and white theme, which I think is cool for a bathroom, by swapping out the green carpet for a black and white patterned floor.

kingnus

Reaction score
Same problem

I have a darker tan tub , toilet and sink which I would like to go white.
The sink and toilet are no problem but to swap out the tub to white and retile the suround for the tub the cost is quite high to have it done. I am not quite sure mixing colors is a good idea since most baths I have seen , every thing matches color wise.
Chuck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks