(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Vanity Top

Default Vanity Top

I'm new at remodeling. We are replacing a vanity top. Our vanity is 30 x 18. The new vanity top I purchased says it will fit vanitys which are 30 by 21. It does have a backsplash. Will it work or do I need to return? Do they make them this other size?

Thanks

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Can you live with a 3" deeper overhang on the front? Depending on where they mounted the sink, it may not fit. Most have maybe 3/4" or so overhang.

You may be able to find matching filler piece(s) and push the whole cabinet out so it is 21" deep. If it is in an alcove, just place it further out and use solid spacers to anchor the back to the wall.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

The big box stores around me (Lowes, Home Depot, *******) carry 31x19 tops. They are instock and available via special order.

SP

Edit: Why is the M* store censored and the others not? I must have missed that item around here...
    Last edited by spryde; 04-10-2008 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Say wha...
    Shawn
    spryde is not a professional plumber. spryde merely acts like one around his own domicile (spryde has delusions of grandeur). spryde would be a professional plumber if he did not enjoy playing with computers more. Do not taunt spryde. Do not fold, spindle, or multilate. spryde is not available in all states.

Default Thanks!

Thank you both for your replies and assistance!

Default top

Probably not without modifying the cabinet placement. There is not likely to be 3" between the front of the sink and the front of the countertop, so the sink would hit the cabinet before it was in place.

if you do not have to pay return shipping, you should return it.
    Shower panel
    Steam Room
    Bathroom Remodeling
    www.allnewbath.com