Vanity Top

Users who are viewing this thread

dremodel

Reaction score
I'm new at remodeling. We are replacing a vanity top. Our vanity is 30 x 18. The new vanity top I purchased says it will fit vanitys which are 30 by 21. It does have a backsplash. Will it work or do I need to return? Do they make them this other size?

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Can you live with a 3" deeper overhang on the front? Depending on where they mounted the sink, it may not fit. Most have maybe 3/4" or so overhang.

You may be able to find matching filler piece(s) and push the whole cabinet out so it is 21" deep. If it is in an alcove, just place it further out and use solid spacers to anchor the back to the wall.

spryde

Sr. IT Analyst
Reaction score
Website
www.pryde.org
The big box stores around me (Lowes, Home Depot, *******) carry 31x19 tops. They are instock and available via special order.

SP

Edit: Why is the M* store censored and the others not? I must have missed that item around here...

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com

Probably not without modifying the cabinet placement. There is not likely to be 3" between the front of the sink and the front of the countertop, so the sink would hit the cabinet before it was in place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks