Repair charges?

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve317

Reaction score
I've seen a few threads asking about repair charges. So I thought I may as well ask a dumb question too.
Basic story. The jet in my well was siezed to the well casing. Pipe is polyethylene. I couldn't get it pulled.
Well contractor cam out and poured 5 gallon of muriatic acid down onto the jet throug a pipe. Next day the jet came loose and I pulled the pipe without any problem. Then the contractor came back out and blew the acid out of the well with compressed air. No other work performed by the contractor. The first trip about 30 to 45 minutes = $300.00, the second trip 1hr. and 15 minutes = $650.00. Total charge $950.00
Just wondered if the charge was consistent with the work performed. ( In Indiana ).

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Not enough information

Most prices seem high until one looks at the reasoning behind them.

How much was their knowledge and experience?
How much was their equipment?
What are their continuing education and licensing?
How much was their insurance?

Technican A is not so smart and takes 4 hours to do a job where Technician B is bright and experienced and gets the same job done in 2. Both charge the same price. Time and money are matters only of human consciousness.

Demelza

Reaction score
our company also charges from the time they leave their workbase so you may also be paying for travelling time.

Steve317

Reaction score
Just wondered if the charge was consistent with the work performed. ( In Indiana ).

It was just a question, not a complaint.

Steve317

Reaction score
Mark, About 20 miles west of Indianapolis. And I agree it was a lot cheaper than a new well. I've dealt with all kinds of knowledgable well equipped contractors, just never a well contractor. So I didn't know if there rates were comparable to other well contractors or not. Guess I broke the golden rule anyway. I didn't get other bids. But when the wife gets tired of doing without water, it's time to do something haha.
Thanks

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com

It was just a question, not a complaint.
Then can we hear a Hey!! I saved my well for under $1000 bucks'n DAMN AM I HAPPY, WOO HOO!

BTW, there is no way anyone can give an estimate/quote to remove something stuck in a well. In many cases removal is impossible after spending many hours attempting it. Every well is unique and that requires unique and varied work and variable time and knowledge and equipment to be used to hopefully resolve the problem.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
charges

There is absolutely no way to evaluate his charges, because we do not know his costs of doing business or anything about what he did at your job. The quickest way to go bankrupt is to find out what someone else would charge for a job and use that for your pricing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks