Triangular toilet. triangle tank Eljer

Users who are viewing this thread

Pipehacker

Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts, recommendations or experience concerning triangular shaped toilets and a good one to buy? Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Only Eljer makes toilets with a triangle tank.
Updated 11/2/2013
American Standard now makes the Titan Triangle toilet.

titan_corner_rough.jpg

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Seeing as there is no competition in the marketplace I recommend sitting down while getting the price. Personally I would not set up a bath for one of these.

gizza job

Plumber
Reaction score
triangle toilets

corner toilets are great for small bathrooms and work as well as a normal one but you will probably need a flexible pan connector to get the waste away which can make the finished installation look untidy

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

you will probably need a flexible pan connector to get the waste away

What in the world would that be? the drain opening in the floor is positioned where it has to be without any "flexible pan connector".

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Rough in for a corner toilet is 12" out from both of the corner walls.

Rough in for a standard toilet is 12" from the back wall, and at least 15" from the left wall and 15" from the right wall.

Sjsmithjr

In the Trades
Reaction score
you will probably need a flexible pan connector to get the waste away

What in the world would that be? the drain opening in the floor is positioned where it has to be without any "flexible pan connector".

I got curious and googled it.

"OPELLA’S MULTIFORME© wire reinforced flexible pan connector can adapt to almost any kind of situation where a toilet needs to be re-sited, without affecting the flow of waste. A unique flexible helical design offers smooth internal surface allowing rapid disposal of waste. Expands and contracts between 280 mm / 11" and 550 mm / 21.1⁄2" in length. Stays in position once bent, but can be easily repositioned if required. Suitable for 100 mm / 110 mm diameter. Can be used long or short, for bends or offsets. No adhesive required, push fit connection."

rigiflex.jpg

Needless to say, plumbing is a bit different on the other side of the pond. Can you imagine trying to explain that to the AHJ?

-Sam

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
?

I would like to see how a "unique helical" design could have a "smooth interior". Then that "neck" just below the connecition point would be an interesting restriction. And the "push fit connection" would be a handyman's dream. They can hook the toilet up and then push it around the room until they find a spot where it looks good.

Wally3433

Reaction score
Titan Pro Triangle Toilet (Corner Toilet)

I am trying to figure out if this toilet will fit my rough in.

The diagram below has me confused though. I can understand that the rough in is 12" from finished wall to center of outlet. But what is confusing me is what appears to be offset bolt locations for the flange? There are two bolt locations shown 18.5/8 from the front of the bowl? Or are these the bolts for the seat?

Has anyone installed a triangle toilet? Other than the obvious, is there any differences or items to note for the installation?

http://www.build.com/mediabase/specifications/specsheet2588v2.pdf

Last edited:

AcidWater

Reaction score
>If they stop making them, then replacements are going to be a bugger.

You could jury rig the 5 gallon carboy from a water cooler.

That flexible pan connector doesn't look like it would survive an encounter with the Roto Rooter man.

girldog

Reaction score
I have a 1985 Eljer triangle tank corner sited toilet with 12" rough in. The DW line for this toilet runs at approx. a 45 degree angle to the toilet centerline. Almost every time solids are flushed this toilet backs up and overflows. Can anyone tell me what could potentially be causing this backup? This is a rural farmhouse and we don't flush anything that could plug up the septic tank so I don't think unwanted items or excessive toilet paper are to blame. I hate to have to try to replace this whole toilet due to the small size of the bathroom.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The "Toilet bowl" itself has NOTHING to do with it being a "Triangle" toilet. IF it plugs up it is probably because you have something stuck inside the toilet and a plumber could fix it.

girldog

Reaction score
Since we do our own plumbing (can't find a good plumber anywhere near us) can I snake the toilet to clear the trapway?

Reach4

Reaction score
You could do snaking and plunging. But that may be insufficient. Something could be blocking the way, and pulling the toilet may be needed.

You could do it yourself, but a plumber would be more efficient.

Pour a bucket of water in. How much water goes in before the water starts rising? How long does it take for the water to go back down?

Suppose you pour water from a big bucket from as high as you dare. Does that clear things up?

Reach4

Reaction score
I got curious and googled it.

"OPELLA’S MULTIFORME© wire reinforced flexible pan connector [from reply #8]
I think that is for a toilet with this kind of configuration.
listing-292-1-1-105-105

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks