Ultramax vs Soiree/Guinevere?

Users who are viewing this thread

injun11

Reaction score
I am having trouble finding any reviews on the Soiree/Guinevere. Can anybody tell me how they like this toilet?

How does it compare with the Ultramax in clog-resistance?

How does it compare with the Ultramax in Quietness?

abak_soiree_1.jpg

TOTO Soiree pedestal lav, faucet and toilet suite

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Search the site and you will find a half-dozen or so posts, and some pictures from Terry.

I have a Soiree that I installed about 6 months ago and really like it. It has great bowl wash and that was one of the main selling points, to me.

injun11

Reaction score
Yep....after the post I found some other info buried in some other posts....thks much....I think we will give it a try.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I think you'll be happy with it. It's funny, but many of us on this site have commented on how surprised we are at how happy we are with our toilets! (Esp. Totos.) We tend to take toilets for granted, until they clog or leak, but it is really nice to have a good-looking unit which 1)almost never clogs; 2)is quiet; 3)keeps its bowl clean.

The one thing to be aware of, if you haven't seen it already on this site, or Toto's web site, is that the Soiree and Guinevere, and many other newer Toto models, use the "Unifit" adapter. This means you need to screw this adapter into the floor (may take a little time if you have tile) and the water pipe needs to be a certain distance from the center of the toilet since the base of the toilet is pretty close to the wall. I had to use SharkBite fittings to get my 1/2" water supply to move laterally a few inches - not a big deal but something to be aware of.

The cool thing about the Unifit adapter is that if you ever have to pull the toilet, it's quicker and cleaner than most since you don't have to fiddle with a wax gasket (as long as you don't have to remove the Unifit adapter from the floor - there is a wax gasket at that joint). So, if you have to paint or wallpaper behind your Soiree 5 years from now, it takes about 2 minutes to pull the toilet and about the same to replace it.

flange_03.jpg

ms974_01.jpg

injun11

Reaction score
Hi Steve....thks for the added info. I also found a posting by Terry with pictures and installation instructions.

Yes, the information on this site is great. I would hate to get a toilet and find it can't do the job. My old Norris one-piece toilets have been pretty good over the years flush-wise but they were not 1.6 gal and had problems with spontaneous cracking of the porcelain.

PS....my wife finds it hilarious that I am a member of a toilet chat group! But I'm the type that likes to research before I buy.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
My wife is the same - and friends at work think I'm a little "off" that I enjoy going to this site...

Have you seen the MaP testing results here? 2 mechanical engineers came up with a strategy to see how much "material" a toilet can handle and give a rating in grams - if you go to the front page of this site you'll see their testing modality and results. Very funny (but serious!)

abak_guinevere.jpg

TOTO Guinevere pedestal lav and toilet suite

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks