Inline Water Pressure Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

maverick30900

Reaction score
I water my lawn via my two outdoor faucets and I would like more pressure so i can run multiple sprinklers off one faucet and a single sprinkler off the other faucet. I am looking to boost pressure from the faucet to run multiple sprinklers. Is there a pump I can connect to this faucet to boost pressure?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The problem is not so much a pressure issue as a volume issue. The hose bibbs you are using are likely fed on 1/2" pipe, which means about 5 to 7 gallons per minute is all you can get. If you try to "suck" more water using a pump, the water velocity in the pipe and the pressure loss within the source piping will increase dramatically.

The proper course of action is to source the sprinkler system from a point in the water supply system closer to the meter...from a large pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks