Sterling Tub Shower surround walls only

Users who are viewing this thread

scri8e

Reaction score
1.)
Sterling Tub Shower surround walls only. Where can I find the part number for a sterling 3 piece tub/shower surround walls only?

2.)
When cutting away the current cement lath/plaster what is the best tool to use?
Saws all? Will I be able to get a decent cut where the surround stops and the top part of the wall remains using a saws-all or what would be better?

3.)
I have a 36" x 36" window in the back wall of the tub/surround area. How can I solve this so I don't have to cut the surround wall insert?

4.)
I have a 36"x12" window that will do the trick. But I don't know how to tackle the window replacement. Do I need a permit for this?

5.)
I have a eleganza American shower and bath product. But this has a crown moulding type of treatment which is part of the surround at the top. Quality doesn't look all that hot. So I am opting for sterling. I've seen it at lowes as display but none in stock.
One on back order already.

http://********solutions.com/webapp...1&catalogId=10051&rstate=501676-1&req=catalog

Here is another type of surround walls without the crown moulding treatment similar to the sterling I saw that could be cut around the 36" x 36" window if need be.
http://********solutions.com/webapp...1&catalogId=10051&rstate=501621-1&req=catalog

6.)
Would a fan/window type of gig be better than the 36"x12" window?

7.)
The shower head pipe is too low so it would require a hole being cut. I want to extend it so it is above the surround walls. What is the part name that I am looking for?

This is in a 1 bed 1 bath apartment building that I own. There are 10units with the same tub/shower set up. So this is not a one time deal. I'll be doing more of these.
I need to find the best way to upgrade these. That is a short of time basis as possible. Since the units currently have tenants in-house. As I turn them over I can
upgrade. This is not always possible tho.

scri8e

Reaction score
pic attachment.

This is my first attachment to this forum. Hope I don't blow it. LOL
Any whosal..... this is another unit with the same set up in bathroom.
With the 36"x36" window stripped to the wall studs. So you can see what I have going on in the wall.

Attachments

• windowShower.jpg
    windowShower.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 2,626

scri8e

Reaction score
blew the link try it again

I see that I blew the hyperlink. Trying it one more time....

Attachments

• wtubsurround.jpg
    wtubsurround.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 2,609
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks