Delta lockwood quality?.. quality vs expense in general?

Users who are viewing this thread

squibbs

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trying to pick a style of valves and fixtures.

I have been looking for a brushed nickel or stainless steel look, but even chrome would do as long as the quality is good. Chrome is cheaper.

Going for a updated "classic" look. I really like stuff that has the cross handles which seems hard to find in a reasonable price range. Most of it is retro, which is just fine. FYI, I need a shower valve, 2 lav faucets and maybe a vertical wall bar with a sliding hand held.

I have narrowed it down to the hansgrohe thermo balance tango I series (with cross handles) and the delta thermostatic lockwood series ( just a lever handle).

I have seen the hansgrohe fixtures. The delta stuff is more economical (bigger selection too) but I have not seen this line in person. I was wondering if anyone has and could comment on the quality of the trim, etc. Is it and does it feel like cheap plastic?

Delta's jetted series (which lockwood is part of) appears to be of higher quality than the rest of delta's lines.

Price and quality (valve and trim) are my biggest concerns with style playing a close second.

If any one has other suggestions on good quality vs reasonable expense, please comment.

Thank you, Squibbs

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks