Water softner

Users who are viewing this thread

rblutonsr

Reaction score
I have a Technetics 1000 water softener with an autotrol valve. The name plate says model 1000. I have visited various sites and cannot find this model number anywhere. I want to do operators maint on it but I am afraid I won't be able to get parts. I also am changing the resin bed since it is exhausted. I have the resin. How can I take the valve off the tank to replace the resin. Thanks. Richard

Mike Swearingen

Reaction score
Website
www.albemarle-realty.com
I'm not water softener pro, just a long-time DIYer, but I've seen them work on my water softeners.
You should be able to unbolt the valve from the top of the resin tank, and then unscrew the brass fitting screwed into the top of the tank with a large pipe wrench. It should have a rubber seal.
Do NOT pour the old resin down a drain. Pour it into the trash.
Good luck!
Mike

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks