Plumber can't be located

Users who are viewing this thread

johnnydeppsgirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need some advice. I had my main line replaced back in February. It's still backing up. Original plumber came back out the first time, snaked it, but never returned my calls for the second back up. I had another guy out who put a camera down there, and he showed me that there is a pipe a little further out that still has a bunch of tree roots, and that it would have to be redone.

I called my city inspector and he told me they'd go the original plumber 'cuz it turns out he didn't pull a permit, and is only registered as an apprentice, not as a licensed plumber as advertised. It seems now that no one can find him. He's gone by 3 different business names and I'm just sick 'cuz I'm out $2300 and still have the same problem with the line.

I appreciate any help, suggestions, etc. I'm planning on going to Small Claims, but in the mean time, I still have the problem. Do you think I should just get it fixed right by the 2nd plumber while I pursue the 1st, or what do you think? Anyone know of how I can get more on the whereabouts of this apprentice? I've looked up assumed business names for my counties, etc... Thanks! :mad:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well, for a modest amount of money, probably under $250, a private investigator can find the shark. The next question is, are you going to force him at gunpoint to dig up your yard, again without a permit, and do more "top quality" work? Your primary remedy against this guy is financial recovery thru legal means. But, just how much money do you think this charlatan has laying around? How much are you willing to invest to get a judgement which you can use to supplement your TP supply.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sewer

If the remaining section is outside your property line, then even if that guy would be permitted to "touch" your sewer, which the city would not allow, he still couldn't get the necessary "encroachment permit" he would need to work in the street. Besides not having the two million dollar insurance policy he would have to have even if he was eligible to get the permit. A judgement from small claims court, even if you could find him, only gives you the right to collect the money. It does not help you get it, assuming he even has any money or assets to collect.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks