Sink P Trap height in bath for Euro sink

Users who are viewing this thread

jarsplumb

Reaction score
Renovating my house and re-doing rough plumbing in bath:confused:. Purchased a European Duravit sink that is very narrow depth basin (6") , rectangular and sits on chrome legs with no vanity. My plumber (here in LA) says that he usually sets drain line in wall for trap at 18"" height from floor. I think this will be low and ugly as the pipes will be well below bottom of sink. Is there any reason why I cannot have him set drain line height at 24" from floor?:confused:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Access the Duravit spec sheets. They will specify exactly where they want the supply and drain lines. Give a copy to the plumber. If I remember, to get access to them on the Duravit site, you need to register and look around, but you can download them. There should also be a copy in the box, assuming you have it now.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

You can put the drain anywhere you want to. Just be sure it is low enough for your sink, and let the next guy curse you when he wants to use a different sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks