(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Sink P Trap height in bath for Euro sink

Default Sink P Trap height in bath for Euro sink

Renovating my house and re-doing rough plumbing in bath. Purchased a European Duravit sink that is very narrow depth basin (6") , rectangular and sits on chrome legs with no vanity. My plumber (here in LA) says that he usually sets drain line in wall for trap at 18"" height from floor. I think this will be low and ugly as the pipes will be well below bottom of sink. Is there any reason why I cannot have him set drain line height at 24" from floor?

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Access the Duravit spec sheets. They will specify exactly where they want the supply and drain lines. Give a copy to the plumber. If I remember, to get access to them on the Duravit site, you need to register and look around, but you can download them. There should also be a copy in the box, assuming you have it now.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Default drain

You can put the drain anywhere you want to. Just be sure it is low enough for your sink, and let the next guy curse you when he wants to use a different sink.