(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: replaced bladder-water shuts off

Default replaced bladder-water shuts off

I let an friend with alleged knowledge of well pumps replace water bladder in garage, (I had been having to add air for months). Now in the mornings after short shower the water runs out. Takes 10 minutes before water will come back. What can I do now? I have very limited knowledge, never had problems before? Thanks, Stephanie

Previous member

Chances are, your well is not producing the water you require, or the pump can't keep up for what ever reason.

The tank is only as good as the drawdown it has. Which in most cases is less than 20 gallons. Then it's up to the pump and well to keep up with demand.

bob...

Test, Don't Guess! cacher_chick's Avatar

Could it be as simple as too much air in the tank? If the air pressure is too high the pump won't run.

Sounds like a good time to have a knowledgeable person check out the system.
    Last edited by cacher_chick; 04-03-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Previous member

Start reading here. This should explain more than you ever wanted to know about Bladder Tanks.
    bob...

Default tank

If the pressure it too high the pump WILL run, but it will turn on and off much too frequently when water is being used.