Pump rebuild kit needed - Water Ace

Users who are viewing this thread

Yar02169

Reaction score
I'm looking to rebuild a Water Ace R10L pump. I contacted the manufacturer and they recommended that I save shipping charges and go to my local Lowe's as they sell the Water Ace line.
I've visited three stores now, and they do sell the pumps, but none sell rebuild kits (must be that I'm in the Northeast). The Lowe's web site isn't to clear on what the kits include, and they don't use the same part numbers as the manufacturer.
I'm looking for two kits, one is the impeller kit, and the other is the seal kit (RPK-10LS and RPK-LSS respectively).
Does anyone know the Lowe's P/N's, or can someone here provide me with a decent price for these kits?

Thanks,
Ray

Speedbump

Reaction score
They are the same as the Myers. The dirty trick they play is using a different shaft thread size than anyone else. If you give me the part number off the impeller, I can get you a replacement. If you nuked the impeller, chances you nuked the diffuser as well. The seal is a PS 200 for a generic part number. It's a very popular seal and can be purchased anywhere as well as from me.

The Water Ace model numbers don't cross with anything I'm familiar with, that's why I need a part number.

bob...

Yar02169

Reaction score
Bob-

Well, I didn't nuke the impeller, so I have some luck on my side. The part number is 20600B3. As mentioned in my initial message, I'm interested in getting the entire re-build kit. If you can let me know the cost. and how to order from you, it would be apprecaited.

Ray

Speedbump

Reaction score
What do you mean by a rebuild kit? There is the Impeller (which you don't need), the Diffuser which covers the impeller. The O-ring can be reused. The seal is the only thing I would replace and that's only if you removed it or it was already leaking.

bob...

Yar02169

Reaction score
Well, the pump is known to be at least 18 years old before it started leaking. he diffuser is cracked. Both the diffuser and impeller have some good wear grooves on their faces, and the o-ring has done its job for all these years.
Before I install it for the season, and since it's currently dis-assembled, I would like to change all of the wearable/changable parts.
On page 7 of the Water Ace repair manual (http://www.waterace.com/pdf/R7L R10L R15L R20L and R25L Lawn Sprinkler Pumps Manual.pdf) they list one kit for the diffuser & impeller, and another kit that includes; seal shaft, impeller seal, slinger, gasket 8 3/4 OD, & gasket 2 1/8 OD.
I figured if I bought both kits, I'd be covered.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste my money on an 18 year old Water Ace. I'm amazed it's still able to run at all since they use the cheapest GE motor they can find on those pumps.

Buy a new one and quit messing with something that is doomed to fail very soon anyway.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks