series 20 zone valves

Users who are viewing this thread

Mattbee24

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a customer who is trying to replace all of the thermostats in a motel. It is hot water heat only. All of the rooms are on zone valves. The zone valves are the old power open/power close series 20 valves. Iknow I can use thermostats specifically for this, but they are a little fancier/complicated than the owner wants to let the customers deal with. I was just wondering if I could just use a simple heat pump thermostat to do the same thing. I am assuming I can because they have the o/b terminal. But most don't say specifically that they can be used for this purpose. Can anyone shed any light?

P.S. He is looking for the most basic digital non-programable thermostat he can find. Something the customers can't screw up too much.

Thanks,
Matt

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks