PEX -> shower valve terminations

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeyVon

Reaction score
So I am finishing up my rough-in plumbing and need some direction on the best way to finish up at the shower valves and hose bibs. I am running 3/4" wirsbo pex to both fixture types.

I was planning on going pex to copper and then copper into the fixtures. The shower valves have male and female fittings (depending on the brand and we have a few different types) and the hose bibs are male fittings.

Can I go from pex right into the shower vavle with a pex -> threaded fitting?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you run PEX to a tub or shower valve, make sure the valve is supported to something.
Otherwise, when you install the valve cover, it will pull on the valve.
I normally do the valves in copper, with enough to solidly attach to wood backing, and then attach the PEX.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
That is fine... just don't use pex there. In many cases it will cause water to divert to the showerhead... To much back pressure!

SuperDaddy

Reaction score
That is fine... just don't use pex there. In many cases it will cause water to divert to the showerhead... To much back pressure!

Thanks. I remember reading that (back pressure problem) in a thread I found here when I searched for info on Pex. Just wanted to make sure brass would do the job, too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks