Sumpro opinions

Users who are viewing this thread

vitaminj

Reaction score
I have been looking for alternatives to my basement watchdog battery backup system. The one that has caught my eye is the Sumpro battery backup http://sumpro.com/sumpro.htm. I'm interested in this because it lets you use any standard 115 VAC sump pump and a seperate float switch. Plus you can use it to power anything else that may be critical to have during a power outage. I haven't been able to find any customer reviews while googling and was wondering if anybody here knows if they are worth the investment? They cost about $1600 bucks depending on where you buy it.

If anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

Nesquick97

Reaction score
Nice to have second pump

I think that it is a good idea to have a second pump of some kind in a good backup plan. Although rare, the main pump can develop a mechanical failure or something and not work.

Just a thought!

Thassler

Reaction score
It really depends upon how often your pump is going to cycle and run during a high water event. If it runs constantly, your backup time is not going to be for very long. I use a Best Power 2.1KVA UPS for my pressure septic system. It gives me about 4 days worth of backup but my pump only runs for about 12mins once a day. I found it on **** for about $500.00

** Not a Pro **

vitaminj

Reaction score
I agree about having the second pump. I do have 2 pumps now, but I don't feel very confident in my battery backup.

As far as pump activity goes, my pump can go from running a couple of times a day to running every minute for a couple of days straight. It just depends on how hard it is raining or if we are having a fast thaw. For the last couple of weeks its been very active, but it is starting to slow down now that the snow around the house is gone.

I know the Sumpro wouldn't be as efficient as a DC powered pump running on battery power, but I like the idea that I would be able to use a Zoeller submersible pump and a seperate float switch as a backup. I'll just keep googling and hope that somebody writes a review one way or the other.

Thanks for responding guys.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks