Toto Exchange Help, Please

Users who are viewing this thread

tkbrown

Reaction score
I am brand new to these forums, but have found these forums quite helpful. At times, it seems that there is more information than I need or can assimillate in a single read.

My Question/Problem involves exchanging (?) Toto toilets to resolve several problems.

Problem 1 - Need performance flushing better than the Toto which has a designation inside the tank of ST706. It looks like a drake tank to me based on size/dimensions; but it does not perform well in flushing which is my major problem. Based on what I am able to gather on the forum(s), drake CST 744S should work well for me with the pressure flush IF it will fit in the same space occupied by the 706 (which is a very snug fit agains the back wall). Will it fit?

Problem/Question 2 - Will the Elongated CST 744S fit in the in the same space as the 706 (given that the protrusion from the wall is a bit more; which I can spare so long as the space to wall is the same as the current tank, as it appears to be from the specs)

Question 3 - is there anythng that can be used (beside the seat:) in the exchange? and question 3.5, where does one "recycle" toilets?

It may all sound simple and obvious - but I need some reassurance that I am not trying to do something that won't work or make sense.

Thanks to any and all for any feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The ST706 uses a 2" flapper and flush valve.

The ST743S Drake tank has a 3" flapper and flush valve.
It's not a pressure flush, it works on gravity.
The Drake uses a siphon flush
The Carousoe uses a wash down flush.
The trapway on the 706 is smaller and has tighter bends than the 744S
The seats are compatible.

You can't mix them up.
If you want something with G-Max, you need to have a tank that matches up with the bowl.

Last edited:

evergreen

Reaction score
toto toilets

Hi

I am new to this site as well.

We are getting ready to purchase an elongated seat toto toilet. We need 1.6 required by law.

We are looking for quiet flush. Second story. Septic system.

Any advice would be helpful!

Thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks