(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valve with degree marks.. What is it?

Thank you, Thank you!!

I would have been lost without this forum. All the help and advice is sincerely appreciated!

John

Thank you Schrammdriller!!!! Hope you will continue helping out here!

Again, thank you for all the help.

One last question though. I am going from a 42 gallon galvanized tank to a 44 gallon bladder tank that I am picking up today. Well-X-Trol brand. (I'm sorry I couldn't order from you guys, I am having lots of air the in lines issues, and want to get this fixed ASAP)

From what I've read, I'll be picking up some extra capacity in the tank due to the differing design. Does this sound ok? It shouldn't pose any problems that I know of. Hopefully it will keep the pump from cycling as much. Correct?

Thank you!!

John

You can switch to a bladder tank but, I would make sure you didn't have the old style galv tank and Micronizer for a reason. A lot of times these are installed because you have sulfur or something else in the water. Adding air to the system with a Micronizer may be what is keeping you from experiencing a rotten egg smell in your water. When you switch to a bladder tank, the water is never exposed to air. The air is what takes the smell out of the water in some cases. You might want to just replace the Air Volume Control and stay with the galv tank if this is the case.

I think I do have some sulfur in the water. Excellent point. I did not know that information.

Is this ACV right on the front of the tank? The front of the tank has something with a schrader valve on it. Is this the ACV?

To replace it, I drain the water, pull the valve, install new, and then how much air do I add?

Thank you for the help.

You should not need to add air. Just replace the AVC and start it back up.