driving a point

Users who are viewing this thread

Lostinmichigan

Reaction score
What is the best type of point and pump set up to use/ Here in this area of michigan it is common to have regular wells around 35' deep and have excellent water flow, so i figure a point will have to be around the same depth. is this to deep for a shallow well pump set up?

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
It doesn't depend on how deep the point goes; it depends on how far the water is below the surface after you hit water.

You could ask your neighbors if they are successfully using a shallow well pump.

The usual shallow well pump limit is considered to be 25 ft to water, although the theoretical limit is more than 30 ft. You gain some if you put the pump in a full basement, which is pretty common in residential construction in Michigan.

I have seen flowing wells in Michigan where the water flows out of the pipe at the surface.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks