MOEN Shower Faucet Cartridge Replacement Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

caldwelltim

Reaction score
Last night I removed the cartridge from my shower faucet and replaced it with a new one from home depot. When I turned the water back on, I was getting very little water out of the shower head and it sounded like a lot of air was coming out ... I then pulled the cartridge back out and one of the gaskets was broken. So I went back to home depot and got a new one. The air problem still exists, I haven't taken out the cartridge yet to see if the gasket is broken again. Any suggestions?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
gasket

A broken "O" ring would cause a leak, keep it from shutting off, or mix the hot and cold water, but not prevent water flow. You must have a different problem, but we would have to know the faucet's model number to try to diagnose it.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
If its a pressure balancer, then the balancing spool is stuck and it won't allow water to pass through iether the hot or cold

Rombo

Reaction score
the balancing spool is a good possibility, what cartridge was it

also did you get all of the old cartridge out the moen's love to tear apart when being removed something may still be stuck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks