redoing dryer 220

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikept

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
12 years,(bob), 20+ years(tenant) and 40+years,(lic electrician) for $1000 Alex. What is, how long the violations have been here! There hasnt been a fire yet, Im not in a rush to fix this stuff yesterday afternoon. I want to learn exactly what is wrong with the wiring for my own curiosity. Also how can i trust a licensed electrician not to have violations? The original electricians have at least one violation im sure of in my unit though possibly more im not sure of in my unit and possibly the other units too albeit the much more minor violations.

My mom has a friend who's about to get his license so i will probably have him look at it when i can.

Last edited:

Enosez

Reaction score
12 years,(bob), 20+ years(tenant) and 40+years,(lic electrician) for $1000 Alex. What is, how long the violations have been here! There hasnt been a fire yet, Im not in a rush to fix this stuff yesterday afternoon. I want to learn exactly what is wrong with the wiring for my own curiosity. Also how can i trust a licensed electrician not to have violations? The original electricians have at least one violation im sure of in my unit though possibly more im not sure of in my unit and possibly the other units too albeit the much more minor violations.

My mom has a friend who's about to get his license so i will probably have him look at it when i can.

That is why permits are pulled and things get inspected.
How would you be able to pull a permit on a house you dont even own and for a job you dont even have a license to do.

Knowledge is one thing but when you come on here and ask how to do it and propose how you are going to do it is another story.

From all of your posts, it seems you are going to tackle this project yourself.
Raise your liability insurance!:rolleyes:

Mikept

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I see what you mean, inspectors would usually be better at catching violations since its their job to do,even though they original inspector didnt catch the small violations when this place was built.

This thread should have ended a several days ago...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks