Venting

Users who are viewing this thread

Vin

Reaction score
I have 2 vent pipes over my garage. One vents a bathroom in my basement and the other vents my laundry room. Can I merge them? Since the Bathroom vent is larger than the laundry room vent, I would like to tie the laundry room vent into the basement bathroom vent just prior to where it exits the roof. The laundry room is one floor above the basement. Can this be done without causing problems? Neither vent is connected to the main stack.

Vin

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most homes have several vents through the roof.
If you need an area of 3", then that is sometimes done by stubbing out
two of the 2" vents
and one of the 1-1/2" vents.

You can sometimes combine vents, if you have at least this already.
With a four bath home, I would need at least four of the 2" vents.

Vin

Reaction score
I am still not certain if I will cause a problem if I tie the 1.5" laundry vent to the 3" Basement bath vent. I have heard that at the point where I combined the 2, the basement vent needs to be the higher of the 2.

Thanks,
Vin

BAPlumber

Plumber
Reaction score
in most cases you'll be ok tying into the 3" vent.

some places require the size of the VTR (vent through roof) to extend all the way to the building drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks