washer and utility sink

Users who are viewing this thread

ululi

Reaction score
Hi,
I am moving things around the laundry room to (a) move the washer drain to a different wall and (b) add an utility sink. My plan to is to tie the 2'' washer standpipe + trap, the 2'' (or 1-1/2') sink drain , the 2'' vent to the 2'' stack with a double fixture fitting. The stack drops 9' to the crawl space where it would connect to the the main stack (tee with cleanout plug). I am not planning to pull a permit (will do it myself), but since this work is in preparation for a kitchen remodel for which a permit will be pulled, I am trying to avoid unpleasant surprises later on... The inspector will see the 2'' stack coming down from the laundry room, not the rough-in. My question is will the 2'' stack be correctly sized? I have read somewhere than the new code may require 3'' pipes for washer drains.... Also, is it ok to drill a hole in a 2x4 stud for a 2'' pipe. Again I recall reading somewhere that the hole should not exceed 60% of the stud size in a non bearing wall, which would limit the pipes that can go through to 1-1/2''...

Thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks