New Shower Faucet Question

Users who are viewing this thread

KansasPeter

Reaction score
I am installing a Neo angle shower in my basement. I found a great website that walks me through install of the shower. My question is this. I have gray plastic tubing in my house for water pipes. Can I run that gray pipe directly to the faucet or do I need/should I create a copper pipe fixture for the shower faucet and connect the gray piping to that.
Thanks,
Peter

e-plumber

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Shower Valve Installation

We only use copper, never plastic water supply of any type, anywhere...at least not yet although new codes permit plastic piping for water supply.
I would imagine that the existing piping material (cpvc?) that you have can be directly connected to the valve with the appropriate fittings.

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Kansas to Kansas

It sounds like you have polybutylene piping which is not manufactured anymore. In Kansas, we did not experience the failures that many across the country did. The cholorine they put in their water systems thought the pipe was food and ate it. We now have PEX that has a smaller inside diameter but the same size outside diameter. You can run your PEX straight to the valve.
As e-plumber says many do not use PEX. However we have been using it in our new homes without incident.
Take care when setting your neo-angle base. For your walls to fit right your base needs to be not only level but also as close to a right angle to the wall as you can.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks