2 questions

Users who are viewing this thread

pman

Reaction score
1. im gutting my house. should i use copper or pex tubing for the water lines? pros and cons of both plx

2. im going with tankless water system. would you use motion detectors in various bath rooms to make hot water more readily available?

tks much

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Where do you live?

Is it an area where copper has longevity problems?

How far are the bathrooms from the water heater?

pman

Reaction score

1. live in nj

2. all bath rooms almost directly above water heaters. 2 would be two stories up. and one three stories up (3rd floor)...

tks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are people that love their tankless systems. Personally, where I live, I think they are just not a great solution. The winters in NJ are likely to be marginal for the use of a tankless...incoming watre will be fairly cold. Sizing one for multiple fixture use requires a very significant fuel supply, and upfront cost. I don't think you'd ever recover the upfront costs verses any fuel savings (which may not be huge depending on the system chosen. Personally, standby losses aren't as large as some would make you think they are in most cases.

Pex would be easier to install. If done properly, it should work as well as copper...each has it's pros and cons.

Use the search function...lots of discussions on pex verses copper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks