New ABS Pipe Install - Popping Noise

Users who are viewing this thread

tombstone

Reaction score
Hello!

Recently my neighbor (a registered plumber) and I complete the plumbing work for my bathroom. I've been using the tub/shower for a while without incident. Last weekend I secured the 1.5" ABS drain line to my joist using 2 galvanized straps. One section of the pipe was pulled over about 1/4" toward the joist when it was secured.

Now, when the tub drain overflow takes on water, I can hear a snapping or popping noise coming from beneath the bathroom floor.

Would this be from the straps securing the pipe not allowing it to expand and contract? If so, how can I rectify it and still support the pipe against the joist?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Jeff

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Exactly! Pipe supports should loosely support the pipes in place, not bend them to conform with your support mounting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks