(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Weathermatic 1600 confusion

Hybrid View

Question Weathermatic 1600 confusion

removed*******
    Last edited by sp3ctre; 10-09-2008 at 10:00 AM.

Do you have a master valve?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Do you have a master valve?
    Not that I am aware of, although the system seems to think so. The instructions seem particularly vague in this area so please feel free to correct me.

Thanks for the reply.

Jim

ok, I have done more research and as far as I can see the COM port is the common neutral, which needs to go to each solenoid. The other wire on each solenoid then must go to one of the 4 ports in the controller.

I have nothing going into the MV/P port at all, but as far as I can see I shouldn't need to. Why then is the unit complaining about a MV/P Short?

I cant seem to find any reference to why this error occurs, all the manual says is "check the solenoids". I had it wired up with just 1 solenoid (measuring 35ohms) and it still gave the same error.

The only other thing I can see is the 24v output seems to be reporting around 7v, although if I put the voltmeter accross the yellow wires it does indeed report 24v.

Any help would be appreciated, as time is off the essence and I really dont want to fork out for a new unit if it's some rookie mistake causing the error.

Thanks,

Jim

It would help if you could post a pic of the wiring.

If you don't have a master valve (need to verify), then there should be no wiring to the master valve/pump terminal in the controller.

First you should remove all the power from the controller (including the battery) for about 5 minutes. This will reset the controller to factory defaults. Then redo the zone valve wiring correctly to the controller before you put power to it.

Once everything is reconnected, power up the controller and verify all the solenoids are working using the controllers diagnostic test.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    It would help if you could post a pic of the wiring.

If you don't have a master valve (need to verify), then there should be no wiring to the master valve/pump terminal in the controller.

First you should remove all the power from the controller (including the battery) for about 5 minutes. This will reset the controller to factory defaults. Then redo the zone valve wiring correctly to the controller before you put power to it.

Once everything is reconnected, power up the controller and verify all the solenoids are working using the controllers diagnostic test.
    Thanks for the reply... I will post a pic shortly. I did try the factory reset using up/down/reset but I will try your method now.

Thanks again, will be back with pics soon