New updates on performance of Eco Ultramax & Drake?

Users who are viewing this thread

klw6r

Reaction score
Hi -
I saw threads from a few months ago that discussed the Eco Drake. I'm now choosing toilets for a new house. We decided to go with a combination of Ultramax and Drake, but I just can't decide whether to get the Eco models or not. I was wondering now that a few more months have passed if anyone has any more comments on the Eco models. I know the MaP is a lot lower than the regular but I just don't have any context for what is acceptable. I am not a big fan of having to use two flushes, especially in the guest bathroom. There are (and will be) little kids who tend to use more toilet paper.
Any advice would help a lot! The plumber I am dealing with is about to kill me. Thank you!

klw6r

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I think for vanity reasons we will not go with the ADA, but I am planning on telling the builder tomorrow that we will go with all ECO models (unless I hear differently on this site before then!) Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've been selling a ton of the Eco products from Toto with all of the rebates going on.

That many customers can't be wrong.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Of course, it's an individual choice, but I'll never go back to the standard height toilets. When an average sized person is sitting on one, the butt is lower than the knees. Standing up from a squat is one thing when you are 20 years old, but as you get older, this becomes harder and harder.

Reaction score
Of course, it's an individual choice, but I'll never go back to the standard height toilets. When an average sized person is sitting on one, the butt is lower than the knees.

A squat is better than having the knees lower. So from a digestive health perspective I'm not crazy about ADA height.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't follow your statement that a "squat is better than having the knees higher." When you squat, the knees are higher which makes standing more difficult. ADA or Comfort Height is approximately the same as a standard dining table chair. You do not have be a cripple to appreciate ADA height, but again, each of us has our own preferences.

Reaction score
I don't follow your statement that a "squat is better than having the knees higher." When you squat, the knees are higher which makes standing more difficult.
Sorry, I've edited to what I meant: lower, not higher.

ADA or Comfort Height is approximately the same as a standard dining table chair.
But I don't crap in the dining room... :D

You do not have be a cripple to appreciate ADA height

I'm not so sure about that. I dislike the higher toilet seating position. It is worse for adults and children. The only advantage I can see to it is for the infirm.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You obviously have had fewer birthdays than I. :D While I am hardly "infirm", as the years progress, I find it more and more difficult to rise up for a low chair to a standing position. But, as I stated before, it is a matter of personal preference.:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks