(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Rough In

Default Rough In

I want to replace two toilets.

The rough in distances are 11in for the first, and 13 1/2 for the other.

I want to get an American Standard Cadet 3. Can I use a 12 inch rough in?

Thanks.

The absolute minimum roughin to a finished wall for a cadet 3 is 11 1/4" (this will be very tight, but will fit)
    . However, a good plumber will make an 11" roughin fit. You can steal/cheat from the bowl and tank installation

Quote Originally Posted by krow View Post
    The absolute minimum roughin to a finished wall for a cadet 3 is 11 1/4" (this will be very tight, but will fit)
    . However, a good plumber will make an 11" roughin fit. You can steal/cheat from the bowl and tank installation
    I've seen offset flanges in home stores that look like it sets the flange a little further (or closer) to the wall. Can this be a solution? I've used my new Cadet 3 a few more times and still like it but buyers should be aware of a potential for poor china build tolerance.
    Last edited by Johnnie_Rocket; 03-19-2008 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie_Rocket View Post
    I've seen offset flanges in home stores that look like it sets the flange a little further (or closer) to the wall. Can this be a solution? I've used my new Cadet 3 a few more times and still like it but buyers should be aware of a potential for poor china build tolerance.
    Thats a possible solution, assuming you have access to the vertical part of the drain and you have enough depth/space between your new offset flange and the existing 90 degree fitting below the floor. This flange will allow you to gain up to 1 1/2"